Initial Price: $3400
With the introduction of the INTEL 80486 processors back in 1989, COMPAQ equipped its Contura “All-in-One” notebook series 2820 with these faster chips. Also the 80486 had a mathematical co-processor integrated in the CPU.
- i486SX-S (SL enhanced 486SX) running at 25MHz
- passive matrix gray scale VGA display, 16 shades (640×480) high resolution, 64 shades (320×200) low resolution, color capable when using an external VGA monitor.
- 4MB built-in memory, expandable to a maximum of 8MB or 12MB using an optional 4MB or 8MB Compaq branded module, or 20MB using a third party 16MB module.
- 256KB video memory
- 84MB, 170MB or 250MB hard disk drive
- 1 PCMCIA slot (Type II)
- 1 ECP/EPP 1.9 capable parallel port
- 1 RS-232 serial port (16550 UART)
- 1.5 x 10.25 x 7.5 inches (3.8 x 26 x 19 cm)