INITIAL PRICE: $6,899, $16,383 in 2020
T3100 was a laptop manufactured by Toshiba and released in 1986. It featured a 10 MB hard drive, 8 MHz Intel 80286 CPU and a monochrome 9.6″ gas-plasma display with a resolution of up to 640×400 pixels.
|Processor||Intel 80286 microprocessor 8.0 MHz operating speed|
|Memory||640kB RAM standard, expandable to 2.6 mB|
|Drive||20 MB HDD|
|STORAGE||1 x 720 kB 3.5″ floppy disk drive; connector for external 5,25″ floppy drive, 360 kb|
|GRAPHICS||Gas Plasma DIsplay; Screen Resolution Graphic mode: 640×400; 640×200; Textmode: 80×25|
|POWER||Internal PSU, autosensing|
|OS \ Others||MS-DOS 3.2|
|Weight||Approx. 7.6 kg|
Five versions ever existed:
- The T3100 had a 8 MHZ Intel 80286 CPU, 640Kb RAM, 9.6” gas-plasma display.
- The T3100/20 was essentially the same as the base T3100 but with a larger hard drive (20 Mb instead of 10 Mb).
- The T3100e had a 12 MHz 80286 CPU, 1 Mb RAM and a 20 Mb hard drive.
- The T3100e/40 was the same as the T3100e, but with a larger 40 Mb hard drive.
- The T3100SX had a 16 MHz i386SX CPU, 1MB RAM and a 40 Mb or 80 Mb hard drive, and also included an internal rechargeable battery for true portability.
Toshiba T3100 was not a true portable, because it needed an external power source in all except the last version.